Our commitment to the community:
At Lexington Hospital for Cats, we want to be a good neighbor.
- We work to beautify our location by maintaining the overall landscaping and planting seasonal flowers in our front garden.
- A Community Message Board is in our lobby for anyone to use to communicate important cat-related information to other cat lovers.
- Creator of Catapalooza; A Celebration of All Things Cat event at Lexington Humane Society that was retired in 2016
- Previous Triple Crown Sponsor for Lexington Humane Society
- Annual Angel Cat Tree promotion – we collect donations of items and cash needed for the care of the homeless cats at the Lexington Humane Society from Thanksgiving to the New Year.
- We provide medical, dental, and surgical care for the big and, occasionally, little cats at Wolf Run Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Dr. Mills has conducted free Cat Chats at the Lexington Humane Society Adoption Center on topics relating to cat care.
- We were the primary sponsor of the Fayette County Public School of Creative and Performing Art’s 2008 production of Cats.
- We have proudly supported various youth activities including the Central Kentucky Youth Orchestras, Lafayette High School girl’s soccer, and Bryan Station High School Track teams.
- We avoid watering or chemically treating our landscaping to protect our watershed and the environment.
- We are a Bluegrass GreenSource Partner and the only Lexington veterinary hospital that is committed to protecting our watershed, to waste recycling, and to conserving energy.
- We collected over $8,000 in donations for the Humane Society of New York after Hurricane Sandy.
- We participated in the Great American CleanUp event on Southland Drive in 2017 where we picked up 5 large garbage bags of trash and debris including a smashed traffic cone.
We recycle everything possible, thus reducing our impact on the environment and our carbon footprint.