- Is the facility a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Practice?
- Is your initial encounter with the employees of the hospital caring, pleasant, and informative?
- Did the employees appreciate and respect your cat and its unique needs?
- Did you receive instructions on how to reduce your cat’s anxiety before the vet visit, on the way to the vet’s office, and at the veterinary hospital?
- Does the hospital follow the latest guidelines for cat care established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners and the World Veterinary Congress?
- Is the newest gas anesthesia the standard of care for all anesthetic experiences?
- Do they routinely examine your cat’s ears using an ear camera to insure the best exam?
- Do they have state-of-the-art direct digital x-ray equipment including a dental x-ray system?
- Is pain management included in all painful conditions and surgeries?
- Does the hospital have an oxygen cage that provides precise levels of oxygen to your cat if needed?
- Does the veterinarian check blood pressures on cats on a regular basis?
- Can the veterinarian run the most common lab tests in house to speed diagnosis?
- Is the lab equipment regularly calibrated to insure valid test results?
- Does the veterinarian keep detailed computerized medical records and make them available to you at all times?
- Is the facility clean, odor free, comfortable, safe, and welcoming?
The answer to all of these questions are YES at Lexington Hospital for Cats.
Choose us! Our environment is safe, clean, and quiet – no barking dogs! Everything is designed to accommodate the unique needs of cats. Many appointments are 30 minutes or longer to meet your cat’s needs and to build a relationship with you. Our goal is for your cat to live a long, happy, healthy, and pain-free life. If you want this too, then this is the veterinary hospital for your cat.